Q.-How do I join an online meeting?
A. -Jefferson County online meetings are currently being facilitated through the Zoom meeting program, Available HERE for PC users, HERE for Android operating system , HERE for Amazon kindle/tablet and HERE for apple IOS users. On our online meeting page, you can click the links to join a meeting or enter the meeting ID number into your application manually to join.
Q.-Can I join an online meeting with a touch tone phone?
A. -Yes! Here are the instructions
Zoom – Call into a Zoom Meeting
- Audio conferencing participant will need to call: (415) 762-9988 or (646) 568-7788. AND follow the verbal instructions. If you dial a toll number, your carrier rates will apply. You can find the numbers on your meeting invitation. For a full list of international dial-in numbers: https://zoom.us/zoomconference.
- You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID – the nine (9), ten (10), or eleven (11) digit ID provided to you by the host, followed by #.
- If the meeting has not already started and join before host is not enabled, you will be prompted to enter the host key to start the meeting, or to press # to wait if you are participant.
- You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID. This only applies if you have joined on the computer or mobile device or are a panelist in a webinar. Press # to skip.
If you join by computer or mobile device later, you can enter the Participant ID to bind your phone and device session together and show your video when you speak on the phone. To enter your participant ID once you are in the meeting, enter #Participant ID# on your phone.
Phone controls for participants
The following commands can be entered via DTMF tones using your phone’s dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
- *6 – Toggle mute/unmute
- *9 – Raise hand
Entering the meeting password using your dial pad
If you join a meeting by phone you’re prompted to enter the meeting password, enter it using T9 predictive text by pressing the number key associated with the letter. Replace non alphanumeric characters with 0 (like spaces). Here are some examples:
- If the password is ZoomPass, press 96667277.
- If the password is Zoom Pass, press 966607277.
Q.-I can’t access Zoom on my Mac. Help!
A. -Mac Users:
To install Zoom or Zoom Rooms on your Mac computer, you may need change your Security and Privacy settings to allow for apps downloaded from identified developers.
- Click on the Apple Icon at the top left corner of your screen. Choose System Preferences.
- Click on Security & Privacy.
- Click the lock icon at the bottom left to have access to make changes.
- Enter your computer administrator username and password.
- Change Allow apps downloaded from:, to App Store and identified developers.
- Note: For Mac High Sierra (10.13.x), you will need to click on Allow too.
- Click the lock icon again to prevent any further changes.
This link will take you to the AA pamphlet titled Frequently Asked Questions about AA. Please feel free to call our Help Line at (315) 788-2280 and talk with an AA volunteer.